Bonds and bond funds are among the safest and most reliable investments you can make to ensure an ample and dependable retirement income — if you do it right! Bond Investing For Dummies helps you do just that, with clear explanations of everything you need to know to build a diversified bond portfolio that will be there when you need it no matter what happens in the stock market.
This plain-English guide explains the pros and cons of investing in bonds, how they differ from stocks, and the best (and worst) ways to select and purchase bonds for your needs. You’ll get up to speed on all the different types of bonds and discover how to know when it’s time to sell and how to get the best prices when you do. Find out what you need to know about:
- Buying and selling bonds and bond funds
- Measuring bond risks and returns
- Taxes on bond interest and tax-free bonds
- Customizing and optimizing your bond portfolio
- Common bond-investing mistakes and how to avoid them
- “Risk-free” U.S. Treasury bonds
- Tax-free municipal bonds
- High yield corporate bonds
- The pros and cons agency bonds
- Convertible bonds, derivatives, and other exotic offerings
Packed with sound advice and dependable formulas for ensuring that your bond investments fulfill your retirement goals, Bond Investing For Dummies is the resource you need to put the gold in your golden years.