Did you know the keys to a long life and vibrant good health can be found on the shelves of your local supermarket?
Apples, leafy greens, shellfish, yogurt—even ice cream and pasta. The latest scientific studies reveal that many of the classic foods you’ve always loved are superfoods that can supercharge your health! Not only are they delicious, they’re affordable—plus these essential farm-to-table favorites can work with any diet plan, from the balanced Mediterranean Diet to the hunter-gatherer Paleo plan.
With over 50 recipes for both cooked and raw dishes, including smoothies and soups, a detox juice fast and a jump-start pounds-off diet, this down-to-earth guide will show you how to get healthy and stay healthy with body-friendly super foods.
- Boost your immune system with citrus and nutrient-dense berries, including fresh, frozen, and dried.
- Enjoy the healthy fats in eggs and nuts, including nut butters, to fight inflammation, slow the aging process, and lower your risk of cancer, heart disease, and diabetes.
- Trade white sugar for antioxidant-rich sweeteners like maple syrup, the newest superfood!
- Create home remedies designed to ease anxiety, improve sleep, boost brainpower and enhance energy.
- Keep your home spotless for kids and pets using eco-friendly superfood-rich formulas.
- Pamper your mind and body with the same food-based treatments that health spas use, including ingredients like seeds and seaweed.
Now you can indulge in a Pesto Pizza or Berry Basil Smoothie, a Chicken Bone Broth or dark chocolate gelato, while chilling with an ancient-oats facial or relaxing in a warm, herb-scented bath. Infused with heartwarming stories and inspiring legends, The Healing Powers of Superfoods will take you to a world of wellness that starts at home with our favorite foods from Mother Nature—enjoyed in a new way with an exciting twist!